Tuesday, June 29, 2010

House of the Rising Sun
By Kurt Hardy

There is a house down in San Antone
Called the House of the Rising Sun

It’s there that lives have wasted away
And God I know I am one

Mama always told me about God’s Holy Word
How His promises could set my soul free

But I wouldn’t listen to what mama said
Now drugs have a hold on me

I told myself it was a visit; I wasn’t gonna to stay very long
Just wanted to look and see, it wouldn’t get a hold on me
But my friend, I was so very wrong

Now every night and day, I can’t get away
From the pipe that is in my hand

My head spins around, like a slave I am bound
This is not, the future I had planned

So parents tell your children, not to do what I’ve done

Living a life of shame, with misery and pain
In the House, of the Rising Sun

11 comments:

  1. 一個人就像一個分數,他的實際才能是分子,他對自己的評價是分母。分母越大,則分數的價值越小。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 先為別人的快樂著想,是超人;先為自己的快樂著想,是凡人;使別人不快樂,自己也不快樂的,是笨人。..................................................

    ReplyDelete