Sunday, January 10, 2010

Will You Go


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will You Go With Me?
Matthew 28:19-20
By Retired Dep. Kurt Hardy

Walking through the neighborhood, I began to realize
there were so many people suffering, tears filled my eyes.

A man digging for food from a garbage pail,
his mind was messed-up, his life had failed.

Off to my right, there must be a dozen or more,
drug dealers and thieves, pimps and whores.

This is the city that I grew up in
where troubled little boys become angry grown men.

“Tell me my brother, will you go with me and pray,
will you help take the Gospel to the dying today?

Who will care enough to help them through?
Tell me my friend, what would Jesus do?”

In the shadows of an alley, there lies a man,
drunk on the ground with a bottle in his hand.

Then two others pull off his shoes and coat,
to meet the “connection” to buy booze or dope.

Angry young people running all through the night,
joining gangs, stealing cars and looking for a fight.

“Tell me my brother, will you go with me and pray
will you help take the Gospel to the dying today?”

“Who will care enough to help them through?
Tell my friend what would Jesus do?”

No comments:

Post a Comment