Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Key

"The Key"
By Retired Deputy Sheriff / Rev. Kurt Hardy

At the top of the hill as I looked down
I saw prisoners in the court- yard all shackled down

From behind those walls of dark despair
I heard their voices crying out from there

"Send us the Gospel, the Word of Truth
Unshackle our chains and set us loose

For in this prison of unbelief and doubt
We will hopelessly die and never get out”

Who but a Savior can set them free,
from sin and death with it's misery?

They moaned and groaned with chains on tight
Gazing hopelessly through bars at the pale moonlight

And outside their walls I held "The Key,"
the Gospel of Truth that could set them free

But dare I leave the comfort of my home,
to enter their prison of darkness alone?

I pondered the danger that might come to me,
should I enter that place to set them free?

In fear I turned away from those dreadful prison doors,
For I couldn't bear to hear their cries anymore

I took two steps...maybe three or four,
but I knew I had to return, again once more

I said to myself...'my life's not my own
I must do battle for souls in that spirit war-zone"

I gathered together all the courage I could,
when a dark evil spirit in front of me stood.

It was the spirit of fear standing before my face
He threatened and warned me not to go to his place

A great chain of bondage he held up to me...
and screamed "Don't you dare go inside…

For if you do I’ll put these shackles on you,
and my prisoner you'll be till you die"

I fell to my knees and began to shake
"Lord strengthen me for the Gospel's sake"

Suddenly from the sky shot a blazing light,
it lit up the place, it was an amazing sight

A voiced from heaven sounded loud and clear
"My son trust in me, not the threats of fear"

Then the light covered me...like a ball of fire,
giving me strength and power with a burning desire.

Then I heard a voice in the middle of the flame,
"Set the prisoners free in the POWER OF MY NAME.”

Entering the prison I swung the gate open wide,
unshackled the prisoners who were locked inside

I told then "Jesus was the one who held is the key.
Now receive His salvation, for His word sets you free"

No comments:

Post a Comment